03/08/2020 by Amina Sly-Khan 0 Comments
mixed media leaves, monthly blog... August
How are you on this glorious Monday morning, the first Monday of August, my second month of my monthly Art blog.
The workshops have been up and running now for a month. With the beautiful warm weather we've been having, the doors and windows are wide open. The maximum number of people has been halved from 6 down to 3. This not only allows for social distancing, there is more 1-1 tuition on tap.
The majority of the workshops are fully booked. There is one space available Friday 14th August Drawing Skills Workshop and Saturday 10th October Wax, Scrunch and paint.
I am planning more workshops working in oil pastels, acrylic painting and watercolours.
This month's art skill is Mixed Media Leaves.
Enjoy... have a great August and I hope to see you soon.
Amina & Murphy xx
Mixed Media Leaves:-
Materials:- card or cartridge paper, dark blue paint, blue tissue paper, acrylic paint glue, pink tissue paper, black pen, scissors.
What to do:-
- Use dark blue paint to paint vertical & horizontal lines on your paper/ caed.
- When the paint has dried, cut a piece of blue tissue paper to cover the painted lines. Glue it on.
- Rip some squares & rectangles from different colours of tissue paper and glue them on.
- Cut out leaf shapes from magazines/ coloured paper.
- Glue them on.
- Cut small rectangles from a magazine or coloured paper and glue them on.
- Paint some horizontal and vertical lines.
- Outline the leaves loosely with a black felt tip.
More next month Monday 7th September. Happy August!!! xx