22/06/2020 by Amina Sly-Khan 0 Comments
Scratching Paint for everyone :- Art Blog Week 14
I hope you had a great weekend wether it was socially distancing or visiting within your 'bubble'.
This weeks art blog is called 'Scratching Paint'.
I love this activity, it's enjoyable and suitable for all abilities and ages.
This is my penultimate Art Activity blog. My workshops will be starting up soon.
I hope you enjoy it.
Last one next week.
What you need:-
white, blue, green, black acrylic paint
What to do:-
- Use a thick brush to paint a piece of white cardboard with white acrylic paint.
- Leave it to dry completely.
- Mix blue, green & acrylic paint to make a dark blue.
- Use the paint to paint about half of the board, apply quite thickly.
- While the paint is wet, use the end of the paintbrush or a toothpick to scratch a pattern or shape.
- Work quickly as the paint dries rapidly.
- Add detail.
- Paint the remainder of the card and scratch more patterns & details on top.