31/08/2021 by Amina Sly-Khan 0 Comments
August 28th/ 29th Beauties of Nature Workshop
I hope your bank holiday weekend was relaxing, fun-filled, and everything you hoped for.
The studio/gallery had the first-ever weekend workshop.
My blog this week is a little about the weekend workshop.
- It started with a coffee/ tea and an introduction to what lay ahead on Saturday.
- Various techniques were covered using acrylic paint, collage, and transfers.
- The colour palette was limited to yellow ochre, ultramarine, burnt umber, crimson red & black.
- We made studies of butterflies, birds & plants.
- The dining table was set for a delicious lunch of roast chicken, quiche & a selection of 4 salads; all washed down with a few glasses of white or red wine.
- In the afternoon we put into practice everything that was covered that morning.
- A canvas was prepped for the following day.
- Workspaces were left as they were individually designated for the weekend.
- The day ended with homemade scones, clotted cream, strawberry jam & prosecco sat around the dining table chatting.
- Murphy was overjoyed by all the fuss and extra treats.
- Sunday started with coffee/tea and everyone went straight into working on the prepared canvases.
- There were studies of butterflies, dragonflies, and falcons.
- Colours were beautifully mixed and applied over-prepared canvases.
- After a lunch of jacket potatoes with a choice of fillings & a selection of salads washed down with white & red wine; we continued with our paintings in acrylic and mixed media.
- The photos capture the weekend really well.
- There will be another weekend workshop in the spring... can't wait.