05/07/2021 by Amina Sly-Khan 0 Comments
Drawing hands step by step
Happy Monday and it's the first one of July so today's blog is an activity.
It's a step-by-step drawing of a hand using a pencil.
There are also examples of drawings from different artists to help you develop your drawing.
Let me know how you get on.
Preparations for the open day and exhibition are underway. Cakes are being baked, bunting is being sourced and the invitations are out. We're very excited about the event and renamed it a mini Arts Festival.
I have a new page on my website called 'Weekend Workshops'.
If you fancy spending a weekend immersing yourself in creativity this is the page for you. The days are longer, lunches, cream tea & wine is included to make it an extra special experience.
All the information is on the page, the first-weekend workshop is called 'Beauties of Nature- painting in acrylics & mixed media'. It's on Saturday & Sunday 28th & 29th August.
Have a great week, enjoy the blog, more next week.
Amina & Murphy xx
Drawing hands Step-by-Step
- Make a quick observational sketch, mapping out the basic shape & scale.
- Use straight marks to draw the simplified mass of the whole hand.
- Sketch in the key joints lightly... the knuckles etc.
- Refine the drawing further and sketch in the negative spaces between the fingers.
- Draw the edges you see around the hand and fingers & rub out construction lines.
- Tone:- Sketch in the shadows to give the hand form.
I have added further sketches of hands by various artists to take the drawing to the next level.
Enjoy the session x