08/02/2021 by Amina Sly-Khan 0 Comments
Lockdown Week 6:- watercolour heart wreath
It's a winter wonderland outside my gallery windows today. Very picturesque, I'll have to dig out my snow boots for my daily walk. Perfect weather to stay in and create a unique art work.
I hope all is well where you are. This week's activity is influenced by the 14th February.
However, it is a great watercolour exercise and it can be whatever you want it to be.
Enjoy the session and the snow!
Watercolour Heart Wreath:-
Resources:- watercolour paints, A5 paper, A4 card, painting sundries, pencil
- Lightly draw a heart shape on the A5 paper. This doesn't have to be heart shaped, it could be circular/ square etc.
- With the red paint make 4-5 small marks which represents the centre of the rose.
- Add a small amount of water to the marks so the paint spreads and you have a rose shape.
- Continue this until your shape is filled with roses.
- With a green watercolour paint leaf shapes in between the roses.
- The leaves can have painted vein marks once the base is dry.
- If you want to make it into a card glue the painting on any colour card.
- I have 2 examples, one on black card, one on red card.
- If you want to develop this further you could paint larger roses in different colours.
Enjoy the session. Stay safe.
Amina & Murphy x