06/12/2021 by Amina Sly-Khan 0 Comments
Paint a Robin Christmas card in watercolours
Happy Monday, I hope you're well on this cold and crisp 6th December.
As Christmas is less than 3 weeks away, this week's blog is step-by-step paint a festive robin Christmas card.
It's a great activity for both adults and kids.
Before that here is the news from A.S.K Art Gallery & Studio:-
New & exciting workshops for 2022
These are now up and available to book. New sessions start in February.
New workshops include, 'Beach Houses in Acrylics on canvas, 'watercolour hens & cows', 'Discovering Watercolours & Mixed Media'... to name a few.
I am running a whole weekend workshop on Saturday & Sunday 23rd & 24th April. It is 'Lino Printing & Painting / Pop Art Retro 1960's/ 70's'. Dressing in retro clothes is highly encouraged but optional.
Visit the weekend workshop page for all the details.
Watercolour & Baileys coffee/ Christmas cake experience
Time is running out to book a 2-hour 'treat' for you + other/s. It's replacing the watercolour & cream tea experience during the Festive season. You choose the morning/ afternoon and I check the diary to see if it's doable.
Have a great week, enjoy the blog and please share. It would be great if you left a comment and let me know how you got on with the painted robin.
Watercolour Christmas Card... Paint a robin
- Cartridge paper or watercolour paper/ card ( the size is your choice)
- pencil/ rubbers etc
- watercolours/ paints/ brushes etc
- Lightly sketch a robin on the paper
- Paint the head, wings, legs & branch in burnt umber ( or any shade of brown).
- Using vermillion red paint the robin's breast. Add a little yellow around the edge to create different tones.
- Add a wash of ultramarine blue for the sky.
- Paint the eye in black or, use a black pen for more control.
- Paint Merry Christmas under the robin.