02/11/2020 by Amina Sly-Khan 0 Comments
Pen, ink, water and colouring pencils...November's Blog
A.S.K Art Gallery & Studio
I was hoping to give you dates and booking details for a private view for my exhibition F.A.B ( Flowers & Butterflies) at my new A.S.K Art gallery and Studio.
Unfortunately, like most events across the country it's on hold for now until our current situation improves. It just means I have longer to make it a more spectacular and beautiful space for you to come and sit and drink tea/ coffee.... a glass of wine?
I have new dates on my 'Adult Workshop' page for 2021, so, if you get a chance and want to be inspired in the New Year, why not take a look.
Why not give a loved one a gift voucher for A.S.K Art & Design, Gallery & Studio, this Christmas ( or birthday). The vouchers can be used for workshops or to buy a painting & and are valid for 12 months.
Do you have a particular painting, portrait or drawing you would like to commission, look no further. I can work alongside your desires and wishes and make a bespoke piece of Art just for you.
Please call or email if you have a question/s about any of the above.
I really hope you're well in these trying times and keeping positive and well.
It's the first Monday of the month and I've put together an activity which can be adapted for all ages & abilities.
The subject matter of a tulip was inspired by a recent workshop.
White cartridge/ watercolour paper
Pencil, black water soluble fine liner, small paintbrush, water
- In pencil draw a simple outline of a tulip then go over it in a black fine liner.
- Add details to the tulip, fine lines, veins etc.
- Damp the paintbrush and add a 'light' wash over the tulip.
- The ink should 'bleed' out and create lovely tones of greys.
- Leave it to dry.
- Using colouring pencils ( your choice of colour), lightly shade and blend the colours over the petals.
- This can be repeated to create a vase or garden of tulips.
Enjoy the activity, stay safe and positive. Murphy & I hope to see you soon.