20/05/2020 by Amina Sly-Khan 0 Comments
Water Lilies in Mixed Media for everyone:- day 39
What a beautiful morning, sun is shining, we're all set for a hot, hot day!
When you need a break for the sun, today's blog is water lilies in watercolours and oil pastels.
A simple and effective technique that is suitable for all ages and abilities.
You can play around with scale and colour.
Enjoy the session.
Please share the blog.
What you need:-
A4 cartridge paper
watercolour paints, brushes etc.
What to do:-
- Place the paper 'landscape'.
- Using the green, yellow and blue paints, layer 'splodges' of overlapping paint .
- The paint is overlapped to achieve a watery effect.
- Let the paint dry.
- Make waterlily shapes on the paint using the pink, yellow and purple oil pastels.
- Overlap them so they blend.
- Make them different sizes.
Enjoy the session, more tomorrow.